Details from our last AGM
Wednesday 19 April 2018 – 1830 hrs
at the Central United Reformed Church
OPEN MEETING and WELCOME ATTENDEES
The Chair (Martin Gorman) gave a warm welcome to all and announced the Running Order for the AGM which would be followed by a talk given by David Templeman, “The Great Sheffield Deer Park: Ye Great Parke of England”
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
The attendance including committee members, members and guests was 35. Apologies received from 3 members.
MINUTES OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) held on 26 April 2017
Proposer: Diana Stimely Seconder: Christine Goodall
The Minutes were approved by a majority show of hands. There were no Matters Arising.
• Chair reported on the progress of the Council’s ‘Great to Green 2’ project and the Castlegate Steering Group.
• Planning permission has been granted for the People’s Pier project, research on the castle archives and the virtual reality reconstruction of the castle.
• Archaeological work at the castle site is due to start this summer and an archaeological contractor to carry out the project will be appointed soon.
• There will be an event at the Old Post Office on 29 September, including talks on the archival research, Sheffield Tunnels, and the launch of the virtual reality model.
• The treasurer presented the 2017-18 accounts.
Proposer: Sarah Barber Seconder: Peter Carver
The Accounts were adopted by a majority show of hands. There were no Matters Arising.
ELECTION OF MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
All Management Committee Members retire annually. Marie Gilman has resigned from the committee due to ill health – the Chair thanked her for all her hard work and enthusiasm over the years since the FOSC was formed. All other committee members have offered themselves for re-election.
Proposer: Ann Lee Seconder: Terry Gorman
All were re-elected by a majority show of hands.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
No other business.
DATE OF NEXT AGM – Proposed Thursday 18th April 2019 at 18:30 hrs
BREAK for REFRESHMENTS
TALK by David Templeman:
“The Great Sheffield Deer Park: Ye Great Parke of England”
Meeting closed at 7pm.